The care industry is booming and that opens up a lot of great opportunities for qualified, professional carers to reap the benefits – whether it’s the flexibility of working only when you want to, or the possibility of earning more money. It’s all up to you.
Ubercare provides a platform for linking qualified careworkers with clients 24 hours, 7 days a week. We put the power back into your hands to shape your career and your lifestyle at the same time.
- Clients include home care clients as well as facilities
- Work opportunities instantly on your phone – no more waiting for a call
- Ubercare provides insurance for the work you do when you use the App
If you’d like to become an Ubercarer we’d love to meet you. Please read what you need to become an Ubercarer below then complete our online application form by clicking here.
What you need to become an Ubercarer
- Evidence of qualifications – minimum required is a Certificate III (or higher) in Individual Support (care specialisation), Aged Care, Home & Community Care or Disability
- Resume or CV detailing all care worker placement/work experience and employment experience
- Contact details of two people who can provide a relevant reference. *A referee must be someone in a supervisory capacity who observed you whilst working as a care worker and agrees to be your referee. (a colleague or friend is not suitable)
- ABN – You must have an Australian Business Number to be an Ubercarer
- Current First Aid (renewed every 3 years) and CPR certificates (renewed every 1 year)
- Current Manual Handling Certificate (renewed every 1 year)
- Child Safe Environments/Reporting Abuse & Neglect (desirable)
- Bank Details (BSB & Account Number) to pay you
- Drivers Licence and confirmation of access to working car
- Current Australian National Police Check or Current DCSI Screening
- Internet connected mobile device that can be used for the Ubercare app – iPhone or iPad with iOS 9.3+ or Android phone or tablet with 4.4.2+
Ubercarers are independent contractors and need to satisfy the eligibility criteria to operate a business under an Australian Business Number.
You can find out more about being an independent contractor here
What is an Ubercarer?
Ubercarers are Independent Contractors who are self-employed to provide direct care to clients. As you are running your own care business, rather than being an employee of an organisation, you have the flexibility to choose when, where and who you work for.
As a registered Ubercarer, we provide the App to you for the purpose of introducing you to clients in need of care services. On your behalf, we process payment from clients in respect of care received via the App.
The App is built around a GPS-system that sends requests to the nearest online Ubercarers. An Ubercarer has 60 seconds to respond to a client request before it moves on to the next nearest Ubercarer. Once care is offered, the client (either home or facility) can then review an Ubercarer’s profile picture, rating and expected time of arrival before accepting them for a job. Once accepted, the client can track how far away the carer is, right up until the moment they arrive. Currently the minimum and standard shift length for community clients is 1 hour. A residential facility will specify how long the shift is for.
Ubercare charges an Agency Fee of $10 per hour (or portion of) inclusive of GST to carers operating on the App. This covers the licensing fee to access the App, insurance, marketing, technology upgrades and administration costs.
As Ubercarers are Independent Contractors, Ubercarers are responsible for their own taxation, superannuation and personal injury insurance (other insurances included in agency fee).
Looking to become a qualified careworker?
Please call us on 1300 120 999 to discuss the qualifications required to be eligible to become an Ubercarer.
Alternatively, if you’re interested in studying Certificate III in Individual Support (Home & Community), Ubercare’s training partner is Celtic and this qualification is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to: www.skills.sa.gov.au/training-learning/check-your-eligibility
Are you a current Ubercarer who needs some updated training?
Celtic can provide refresher courses to Ubercarers for the following:
- First Aid – One full day (Saturdays)
- CPR Update – One full day (Sundays)
- Manual Handling Update – 3 hours (Saturday afternoons)
Please call Ubercare on 1300 120 999.